Maps Plan of Carillon ou [sic] Ticonderoga : which was quitted by the Americaines in the night from the 5th to the 6th of July 1777 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Capitaine Du Chesnoy, Michel
Fort Ticonderoga Region
Early Works to 1800
Fort Ticonderoga Region
Fort Ticonderoga Region (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Plan of Carillon ou [sic] Ticonderoga : which was quitted by the Americaines in the night from the 5th to the 6th of July 1777 /
- Other Title
- Plan of Carillon or Ticonderoga
- Position de l'armée ennemie proche le Lac Champlain le 24. 8.[bre?] 1777
- plan of carillon or ticonderoga
- position de l'armée ennemie proche le lac champlain le 24. 8.[bre?] 1777
- Contributor Names
- Capitaine du Chesnoy, Michel, 1746-1804.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Ticonderoga Region (N.Y.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Ticonderoga Region (N.Y.)--Defenses--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Ticonderoga Region (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Ticonderoga Region (N.Y.)--Maps, Topographic--Early works to 1800
- - Fortification--New York (State)--Fort Ticonderoga Region--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Ticonderoga Region
- - Shows military installations and British troop positions in the vicinity of Fort Ticonderoga (N.Y.) at the time of the Battle of Saratoga (Oct. 1777).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Parts of index in mixed English and French.
- - Pen-and-ink, watercolors, and wash.
- - Sectioned (to 16 panels) and mounted on cloth backing to fold to ca. 21 x 14 cm.
- - Includes note, index of "Position of the enemy's the 24th October 1777", and index of fortifications.
- - Gift; Mr. and Mrs. H.F. Lenfest; Jan. 2000.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2000-48
- 1 map : ms., col., cloth backing ; 68 x 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.T5:2F6S3 1777 .C3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804t ar300200 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804t.ar300200
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.