Maps Partie méridionale des possessions angloise [sic] en Amérique : pour servir d'intelligence à la guerre présente entre les anglois et leurs colonies /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Early Works to 1800
- Partie méridionale des possessions angloise [sic] en Amérique : pour servir d'intelligence à la guerre présente entre les anglois et leurs colonies /
- Contributor Names
- Michel, active 1767-1780.
- Created / Published
- Paris : à l'Hôtel de Soubise, 1778.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Southern States
- - Covers the southern Atlantic coast from Shrewsbury (N.J.) to Jekyll Island (Ga.) including inland territory westward to the Mississippi River. Does not cover Florida or Louisiana.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Michel is presumed to be the responsible cartographer as he is known to have produced in 1778 the companion northern (septentrionale) sheet of the English colonies.
- - Hand col. to show coastlines, boundaries, and map border.
- - Includes imaginary ill. in title cartouche.
- - Gifts to the Nation donation; Harry J. Gray, James Madison Council; Oct. 2000.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy wrinkled, torn at edges, stained at edges.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 3010
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2000-55
- 1 map : hand col. ; 50 x 72 cm.
- Call Number
- G3860 1778 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3860 ar301000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3860.ar301000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.