Campagne en Virginie du Major Général M'is de LaFayette : ou se trouvent les camps et marches, ainsy que ceux du Lieutenant Général Lord Cornwallis en 1781 /
Capitaine Du Chesnoy, Michel
Yorktown Region (Va.)
- Campagne en Virginie du Major Général M'is de LaFayette : ou se trouvent les camps et marches, ainsy que ceux du Lieutenant Général Lord Cornwallis en 1781 /
- Translated Title
- Plan d'une partie de la Virginie
- Contributor Names
- Capitaine du Chesnoy, Michel, 1746-1804.
- Created Published
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - Virginia
- - Yorktown (Va.)--History--Siege, 1781
- - Yorktown Region (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia.
- - United States--Virginia--Yorktown Region (Va.)
- - Covers central Virginia from Orange County in the north to Isle of Wight County in the south, and west to Cumberland County.
- - Shows selected bridges, houses, churches, taverns, and other points of interest, and includes notes describing dates of military actions in the Yorktown campaign.
- - Place-names in English, notes in French.
- - Pen-and-ink, watercolors, wash, and lead pencil.
- - Sectioned to 15 panels and mounted on cloth backing to fold to ca. 29 x 22 cm.
- - Accompanied by text: Précis de la campagne 1781, pour servir à l'intellige'ce & la carte.  p. : ms. ; 29 cm.
- - Gift; Mr. and Mrs. H.F. Lenfest; Jan. 2000.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map : Ms., Col., Cloth Backing ; 87 X 111 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.S3 1781 .C3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3881s ar300600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3881s.ar300600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.