Maps A map of part of the continent of North America : between the 35th and 51st degrees of north latitude, and extending from 890 degrees of west longitude to the Pacific Ocean /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- A map of part of the continent of North America : between the 35th and 51st degrees of north latitude, and extending from 89⁰ degrees of west longitude to the Pacific Ocean /
- Contributor Names
- Clark, William, 1770-1838.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps, Manuscript
- - West (U.S.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--West
- - North America
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Covers western North America, from Lake Michigan and Lake Superior to the Pacific Ocean, including southern Canada and northern Mexico.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Note from map folder: Map was copied from a sketch by William Clark, not one by Meriwether Lewis as indicated in the title.
- - Copy sectioned and mounted on cloth.
- - LC copy annotated on verso in pencil: Clothbacked & crepelined at Govt. Printing Office August 1934. Library, U.S. Dept. of State. North America, 1805. 38-2. Lewis' map of North Amer., 1805. North Amer. no. 9. 2-93-255.16.
- 1 map : ms. ; 77 x 110 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1805 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ct000586 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ct000586
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.