Film, Video International contest for the heavyweight championship--Squires vs. Burns, Ocean View, Cal., July 4th, 1907 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
- International contest for the heavyweight championship--Squires vs. Burns, Ocean View, Cal., July 4th, 1907 /
- This is an actual film of the heavyweight championship prize fight between Canadian, Tommy Burns (defender) and Australian, Bill Squires. The fight was labeled the shortest and fiercest prize fight on record up to that time.
- Created / Published
- United States : Miles Brothers, 1907.
- Subject Headings
- - Boxing--California--Albany
- - Squires, Bill
- - Burns, Tommy,--1881-1955
- - H96711 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Miles Brothers; 18Jul07; H96711.
- - [Cameraman, Herbert J. Miles?].
- - Credit for cameraman from Niver's Early motion pictures, p. 161.
- - Duration: 2:40 at 18 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 2979) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Filmed July 4, 1907 in Ocean View, California (now Albany, California).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Source used: Niver, Kemp R., Early motion pictures, 1985, p. 161-162.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (73 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (73 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (235 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (73 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (73 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 3) 1 film reel of 1 (73 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (73 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 235 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 235 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 5491 (viewing print)
- FLA 5976 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FEB 3106 (viewing print)
- FRA 2698 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 2699 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FRA 2700 (dupe neg pic, copy 3)
- FRB 0388 (master pos pic)
- Box 0367C (paper pos)
- Box 5248D (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- awal 2979 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/awal.2979
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.