Film, Video The Dewey arch /
Articles and Essays with this item:
New York City
Buildings, Structures, Etc
City and Town Life
New York (N.Y.)
New York (State)
Spanish American War
- The Dewey arch /
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 
- Subject Headings
- - Arches--New York (State)--New York
- - Triumphal arches--New York (State)--New York
- - Dewey, George,--1837-1917--Monuments--New York (State)--New York
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Monuments--New York (State)--New York
- - New York (N.Y.)--Buildings, structures, etc
- - Streets--New York (State)--New York
- - Pedestrians--New York (State)--New York
- - City traffic--New York (State)--New York
- - City and town life--New York (State)--New York
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 18June1903; H32835.
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Camera, F.S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 0:52 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff. DLC
- - From the Biograph picture catalogue: 60 feet. A view of the arch from Fifth Avenue, the day after the great Dewey parade, showing the crowd of sightseers, traffic, etc.
- - Biograph catalog no. 1248; code name (for telegraphic orders) Fututionis.
- - Filmed ca. October 1, 1899, in New York City, New York.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 135 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 1997-12-22 from LC film lab; viewing print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1997-10-08 from LC film lab; dupe neg pic; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1903-06-18; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FEC 3001 (viewing print)
- FPE 9361 (dupe neg pic)
- LC 1274a (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- sawmp 1274 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/sawmp.1274
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.