Film, Video Mr. Nobody Holme--he buys a jitney /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Maintenance and Repair
- Mr. Nobody Holme--he buys a jitney /
- Other Title
- He buys a jitney
- Mr. Nobody Holme in He buys a jitney
- Mr. Nobody Holme buys a jitney
- Mister Nobody Holme, he buys a jitney
- he buys a jitney
- mr. nobody holme in he buys a jitney
- mr. nobody holme buys a jitney
- mister nobody holme, he buys a jitney
- An animated cartoon about Mr. Nobody Holme, who warms up his sluggish automobile with the assistance of a stick of dynamite.
- Created / Published
- United States : [International Film Service, 1916].
- Subject Headings
- - Men--United States--Drama
- - Dynamite--Drama
- - Automobiles--Performance--United States--Drama
- - Automobiles--United States--Maintenance and repair--Drama
- - Automobile ownership--United States--Drama
- - Automobile drivers--United States--Drama
- - MP517 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: International Film Service, Inc.; 1Feb16; MP517.
- - Story, Tom E. Powers.
- - Duration: 1:21 at 22 fps.
- - Summary from M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- - Based on Tom Powers' newspaper comics.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS shelflist.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. master pos pic.
- Call Number
- FLA 0573 (viewing print)
- FRA 4788 (dupe neg pic)
- FLA 0415 (master pos pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- animp 4076 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/animp.4076
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Origins of American Animation
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division