Film, Video Policy and pie /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Afi/Souder (Thomas) Collection (Library of Congress)
International Film Service
La Cava, Gregory
- Policy and pie /
- Other Title
- Policy & pie
- Katzenjammer Kids: "Policy and pie"
- Original Katzenjammer Kids in policy and pie
- The Captain gets a life insurance policy and gives it to his wife. In gratitude she makes him a pie. The Katzenjammer Kids play a trick on the Captain and sneak toads into his pie so that he would think his wife is trying to poison him.
- Contributor Names
- La Cava, Gregory, 1892-1952, direction, animation.
- International Film Service.
- AFI/Souder (Thomas) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [International Film Service, 1918].
- Subject Headings
- - Boys--United States--Drama
- - Tricks--Drama
- - Germans--United States--Drama
- - Immigrants--United States--Drama
- - Wives--United States--Drama
- - Husbands--United States--Drama
- - Life insurance--United States--Policies--Drama
- Comedy films
- Animated films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - Title appears in some sources as Policy & pie.
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 3:31 (part 1) and 3:29 (part 2) at 22 fps.
- - Summary from J. McIntire, Silent animated films at the Library of Congress.
- - Based on Rudolph Dirks' comics.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 7 min., ca. 605 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 7 min., ca. 605 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg pic.
- Call Number
- FEB 7728 (viewing print)
- FPE 2709 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Origins of American Animation
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division