Film, Video Corner Madison and State Streets, Chicago /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
White, James H. (James Henry)
City and Town Life
Madison Street (Chicago, Ill.)
State Street (Chicago, Ill.)
- Corner Madison and State Streets, Chicago /
- "The busiest corner in Chicago. Cable cars and street traffic of all descriptions. Hundreds of shoppers. Fine perspective view looking north toward the Masonic Temple. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog.
- "Erie Railroad series...present novel and interesting views along the line of the Erie, such as do not always come within the observation of the general tourist. We are indebted to the courtesy of the Erie officials, whose kind co-operation in affording us every facility within their power has enabled us to procure these unusual and effective pictures"--Edison films catalog, p. 23.
- Contributor Names
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1897.
- Subject Headings
- - State Street (Chicago, Ill.)
- - City and town life--Illinois--Chicago
- - City traffic--Illinois--Chicago
- - Crowds--Illinois--Chicago
- - 43410 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 31July1897; 43410.
- - Camera, William Heise?
- - Duration: 0:25 at 30 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0024) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed June or July 1897, in Chicago, Illinois.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 311; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 66; Edison films catalog, no. 94, March 1900, p. 23 [MI]; Maguire & Baucus. Fall catalogue, 1897, p. 9 [MI].
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (24 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 3038 (viewing print)
- FEC 2762 (viewing print)
- FRA 0245 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 9582 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0878D (paper pos)
- Box 5666E (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- edmp 0024 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/edmp.0024
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.