Film, Video Cripple Creek bar-room scene /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
White, James H. (James Henry)
Bars (Drinking Establishments)
Cripple Creek (Colo.)
- Cripple Creek bar-room scene /
- Other Title
- Cripple Creek barroom scene
- From Edison films catalog: Shows tap room of the "Miners Arms," stout lady at the bar, and three men playing stud horse. Old toper with a silk hat asleep by the stove. Rough miner enters, bar maid serves him with Red Eye Whiskey and he proceeds to clean out the place. Barmaid takes a hand with a siphon of vichy, and bounces the intruder, with the help of the card players, who line up before the bar and take copious drinks on the house. 45 feet. $6.75.
- Contributor Names
- White, James H. (James Henry), production.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1899.
- Subject Headings
- - Bars (Drinking establishments)--Drama
- - Gold miners--Colorado--Cripple Creek--Drama
- - Bartenders--Colorado--Cripple Creek--Drama
- - Card players--Colorado--Cripple Creek--Drama
- - Affray--Colorado--Cripple Creek--Drama
- - Poker--Drama
- - Whiskey--Drama
- - Alcoholics--Colorado--Cripple Creek--Drama
- - Cripple Creek (Colo.)--Drama
- - 31770 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 10May1899; 31770.
- - Duration: 0:46 at 16 fps.
- - Filmed ca. March to mid-April 1899, in Edison's Black Maria studio.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 497; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Edison films catalog, no. 94, March 1900, p. 35 [MI]; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 70 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- FEC 2826 (ref print)
- LC 1173 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- edmp 1173 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/edmp.1173
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.