Film, Video Fireboat "New Yorker" answering an alarm /
New York (State)
New Yorker (Fireboat)
- Fireboat "New Yorker" answering an alarm /
- "Firemen board the fireboat New Yorker docked at the Battery, New York City; pull anchor; shove off; and proceed out into the harbor"--George Kleine Collection...catalog.
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - New Yorker (Fireboat)
- - Fireboats--New York (State)--New York
- - Fireboats--New Jersey
- - Fire alarms--New York (State)--New York
- - Fire alarms--New Jersey
- - H32036 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 20May1903; H32036.
- - Camera, James Blair Smith.
- - On paper rolls, copyright number is erroneously recorded as H33036.
- - Duration: 1:21 at 16 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0741) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Photographed May 10, 1903 at the Battery, New York City and in New York Harbor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 105-106; Edison films catalog, no. 185, October supplement, 1903, p. 9; George Kleine Collection...catalog, p. 39.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - The George Kleine Collection of early motion pictures in the Library of Congress : a catalog / prepared by Rita Horwitz and Harriet Harrison with the assistance of Wendy White. Library of Congress, 1980.
- - Erroneous shelf number FRA 1007 for dupe neg pic found in George Kleine & Early films catalogs; confirmed to be FRA 1001.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (30 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- non-viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 3755 (viewing print)
- FLA 2008 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FEB 9346 (viewing print)
- FRA 1001 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 4406 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FRA 3861 (non-viewing print)
- FRB 0541 (master pos pic)
- Box 0300D (paper pos)
- Box 5682C (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- edmp 0741 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/edmp.0741
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.