Film, Video The kiss /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
- The kiss /
- Other Title
- New kiss
- From Edison films catalog: Nothing new, but an old thing done over again and done well. Some one has attempted to describe a kiss as "something made of nothing," but this is not one of that kind, but one of those old fashioned "home made" kind that sets the whole audience into merriment and motion, and has always proven a popular subject. It is very fine photographically and an exhibit is not complete without it. 60 feet. $9.00.
- Contributor Names
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 1900.
- Subject Headings
- - Kissing
- - D5532 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 9Mar1900; D5532.
- - Duration: 0:44 at 16 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1051) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Based on the earlier Edison film, May Irwin kiss (1896).
- - Filmed from about February to early March 1900.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Forms part of the Library of Congress American Memory online collection: Inventing entertainment: the motion pictures and sound recordings of the Edison Companies.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 580; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985, p. 176; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 70 [MI].
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 4065 (viewing print)
- FEB 9561 (viewing print)
- FRA 1249 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 1333 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FPE 5260 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 0404 (master pos pic)
- Box 0350B (paper pos)
- Box 5155E (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- edmp 1051 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/edmp.1051
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.