Film, Video Arrival of emigrants [i.e. immigrants], Ellis Island /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Ellis Island Immigration Station (N.Y. and N.J.)
Emigration and Immigration
New York (State)
Ports of Entry
- Arrival of emigrants [i.e. immigrants], Ellis Island /
- Other Title
- Arrival of immigrants, Ellis Island
- Arrival of emigrants, Ellis Island
- arrival of immigrants, ellis island
- arrival of emigrants, ellis island
- Depicts scenes at the Immigration Depot and a nearby dock on Ellis Island. Appears to show, first, a group of immigrants lined up to board a vessel leaving the island, then another group arriving at the island and being directed off of the dock and into the Depot by a uniformed official.
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1906.
- Subject Headings
- - Ellis Island Immigration Station (N.Y. and N.J.)
- - Immigrants--New York (State)--New York
- - Emigration and immigration
- - Ports of entry--New York (State)--New York
- - H77049 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 9May1906; H77049.
- - Camera, G.W. "Billy" Bitzer.
- - Duration: 3:27 at 15 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1946) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Photographed April 27, 1906 on Ellis Island, New York and New Jersey.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Source used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 12.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - Copy one 35 mm dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 5517 to FZA 2329.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (87 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (198 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 200 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (87 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (87 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 200 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (198 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 200 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 200 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 4960 (viewing print)
- FEC 1610 (viewing print)
- FEB 9481 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 4821 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 6042 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FZA 2329 (dupe neg pic)
- FPE 7020 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FRB 0780 (master pos pic)
- Box 0999A (paper pos)
- Box 5635B (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- lcmp002 m2a13402 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2a13402
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.