Film, Video Bargain day, 14th Street, New York /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Fourteenth Street (Manhattan, New York, N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Bargain day, 14th Street, New York /
- Other Title
- Bargain day, Fourteenth Street, New York
- Bargain day on Fourteenth St., New York
- Bargain day on 14th St., New York
- Bargain day, Fourteenth Street, New York
- The film shows hundreds of tightly packed people crowding into the front door of the Rothschild Co. 5 and 10 cent store. They are so closely packed it is difficult to tell one from another. The view is from across the street, looking down from the 2nd floor.
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1905.
- Subject Headings
- - Shopping--New York (State)--New York
- - Department stores--New York (State)--New York
- - Fourteenth Street (Manhattan, New York, N.Y.)
- - Crowds--New York (State)--New York
- - H59778 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 20Apr1905; H59778.
- - Camera, Frederick S. Armitage.
- - Duration: 1:22 at 15 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1480) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Photographed April 1, 1905. Location: 14th Street, New York, N.Y.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Source used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 24.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm. dupe neg pic renumbered: FPE 5571 to FZA 2315.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 85 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FLA 4494 (viewing print)
- FEB 9832 (viewing print)
- FEB 9766 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 0185 (dupe neg pic)
- FZA 2315 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0013C (paper pos)
- Box 5030A (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- lcmp002 m2a25469 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2a25469
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.