Film, Video Panorama from the tower of Brooklyn Bridge /
- Panorama from the tower of Brooklyn Bridge /
- The view was taken from the tower on the Brooklyn side of the bridge. As the film begins, the camera is looking southwest, towards the southern tip of Manhattan (the Battery). The camera pans very rapidly north following Manhattan's East River shoreline, across the bridge span itself and the bridge's New York side tower, following the shoreline further north towards Corlear's Hook, where the film ends. Some visible landmarks include the Fulton Fish Market buildings at Fulton and South Streets [Frame: 0420] (currently the site of the South Street Seaport Museum); north of the bridge tower is the Catherine Slip, where a Catherine Street Ferry is docked .
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - Brooklyn Bridge (New York, N.Y.)
- - Waterfronts--New York (State)--New York
- - Harbors--New York (State)--New York
- - Docks--New York (State)--New York
- - Piers--New York (State)--New York
- - East River (N.Y.)
- - Battery Park (New York, N.Y.)
- - Fulton Fish Market (New York, N.Y.)
- - H35636 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 12Sept1903; H35636.
- - Duration: 0:35 at 10 fps.
- - Camera, G.W. "Billy" Bitzer.
- - Photographed April 18, 1899.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 9/12/03; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1989/90 from UCLA; arch neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1991 from LC lab; ref prints and dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 roll (48 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- LC 352 (paper pos)
- FEB 9796 (ref print)
- FEB 9781 (ref print, copy 2)
- FPE 5530 (dupe neg)
- FPE 5593 (arch neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- lcmp002 m2b04725 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2b04725
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.