Film, Video Funeral of Hiram Cronk /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Funeral Rites and Ceremonies
Horse Drawn Vehicles
New York (State)
War of 1812
- Funeral of Hiram Cronk /
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1905.
- Subject Headings
- - Funeral rites and ceremonies--New York (State)--New York
- - Military funerals--New York (State)--New York
- - Parades--New York (State)--New York
- - Horses--New York (State)--New York
- - Horse-drawn vehicles--New York (State)--New York
- - United States--History--Veterans.--War of 1812
- - United States--History--Veterans.--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 25May1905; H61323.
- - Duration: 3:51 at 15 fps.
- - Camera, G.W. "Billy" Bitzer.
- - Photographed May 17-18, 1905. Location: Brooklyn, New York, N.Y.
- - The film shows a city thoroughfare lined with crowds of people watching a military parade. The first group to come into view is a marching band [Frame: 0120], then a large formation of soldiers in the uniform of Rough Riders . Following them is a hearse drawn by four black horses, escorted by veterans of the Civil War , and horse-drawn open carriages. The camera position shifts and most of the paraders can be seen for a second time: the band , the hearse , and the Civil War veterans . Hiram Cronk, a veteran of the War of 1812, died at the age of 105. He was thought to be the last surviving veteran of that war.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/25/05; paper pos; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1989/90 from UCLA; arch neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1991 from LC lab; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 roll (260 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number
- LC 2029 (paper pos)
- FEB 9814 (ref print)
- FPE 5555 (dupe neg)
- FPE 5619 (arch neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- lcmp002 m2b32928 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2b32928
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.