Film, Video N.Y. Fire Department returning /
Equipment and Supplies
Horse Drawn Vehicles
New York (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- N.Y. Fire Department returning /
- Other Title
- New York Fire Department returning
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.).--Fire Dept
- - Fire fighters--New York (State)--New York
- - Fire engines--New York (State)--New York
- - Horse-drawn vehicles--New York (State)--New York
- - Fire extinction--Equipment and supplies.--New York (State)--New York
- - Children--New York (State)--New York
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 19May1903; H32003.
- - Duration: 0:39 at 15 fps.
- - Camera, G.W. "Billy" Bitzer.
- - Photographed May 11, 1903.
- - Shot at an unidentified location in New York City, the film shows several pieces of horse-drawn fire vehicles in motion: two hook-and-ladders [Frame: 0114, 0905]; two steam pumpers [0373, 1111]; a rescue wagon . Note the kids hanging on the back of some of the vehicles [0195, 0970].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Mavis 1831452; N.Y. Fire Department returning. DLC
- - viewing prints and dupe neg; Received: 1991 from LC lab; preservation Paper Print Collection.
- - neg pic; Received: ca. 1989 from UCLA; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- - paper pos; Received: 1903-05-19; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- neg pic. 1 film reel of 1 (60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos. 1 roll (60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number
- FEB 9808 (viewing print)
- FEB 9773 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FPE 5544 (dupe neg)
- FPE 5587 (neg pic)
- LC 843 (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- lcmp002 m2b53390 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2b53390
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in these collections. As is indicated in the cataloging, most of the titles were registered for copyright prior to 1916. (No registration information exists for some titles.) The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Users should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.More information about American Memory and Copyright.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.