Maps Report on the geology and resources of the Black Hills of Dakota : with atlas /
Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region (U.S.)
Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.)
Mines and Mineral Resources
- Report on the geology and resources of the Black Hills of Dakota : with atlas /
- Other Title
- Geology of the Black Hills of Dakota
- Mineral resouraces of the Black Hills of Dakota
- geology of the black hills of dakota
- mineral resouraces of the black hills of dakota
- Contributor Names
- Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region (U.S.)
- Created / Published
- Washington : Govt. Print. Off., 1880.
- Subject Headings
- - Geology--South Dakota
- - Mines and mineral resources--South Dakota
- - Black Hills (S.D. and Wyo.)--Maps
- - United States--South Dakota--Black Hills
- - At head of title: Department of the Interior. U.S. geographical and geological survey of the Rocky Mountain region. J.W. Powell in charge.
- - Atlas has special t.p.: Topographical and geological atlas of the Black Hills ... to accompany the report of Henry Newton ... New York, J. Bien, 1879.
- - Contains Henry Newton's writing: Geology of the Black Hills of Dakota, and Walter P. Jenney's Mineral resouraces of the Black Hills of Dakota.
- - QE74.P84 with: Paleontology of the Black Hills of Dakota / by R.P. Whitfield -- Microscopic petrography of the Black Hills of Dakota / by J.H. Caswell -- Botany of the Black Hills of Dakota / by Asa Gray -- Astronomy and barometric hypsometry of the Black Hills of Dakota / by Horace P. Tuttle. Washington : Govt. Print. Off., 1880. Bound together subsequent to publication.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Transfer 29oct48, 2 copies.
- xv p., 1 l., 566 p. front., illus., plates (partly col.) 30 cm. and atlas. 82 x 57 cm.
- Call Number
- QE74 .P84
- G1447.B5 U5 1880 Copy 2.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4182b ct000088 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4182b.ct000088
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division