Maps Plan stolichnago goroda Sanktpeterburga c izobrazhenïem znashni︠e︡ĭshikh onago prospektov /
Imperatorskai︠A︡ Akademīi︠A︡ Nauk I Khudozhestv (Russia)
Early Works to 1800
Saint Petersburg (Russia)
- Plan stolichnago goroda Sanktpeterburga c izobrazhenïem znashni︠e︡ĭshikh onago prospektov /
- Other Title
- Plan de la ville de St. Petersbourg avec ses principales vües
- plan de la ville de st. petersbourg avec ses principales vües
- Contributor Names
- Imperatorskai︠a︡ akademīi︠a︡ nauk i khudozhestv (Russia)
- Created / Published
- V Sanktpeterburgi︠e︡ : [Imperatorskai︠a︡ akademīi︠a︡ nauk i khudozhestv], 1753 goda.
- Subject Headings
- - Saint Petersburg (Russia)--Aerial views--Early works to 1800
- - Saint Petersburg (Russia)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Moscow (Russia)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Russia--St. Petersburg
- - Russia--Moscow
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Index in Russian, romanized Russian, and French.
- - English translation of French map captions: 1. Map of St. Petersburg from 1737 -- 2. View of the Neva towards the East between the shipyards and the 13th line of the Wasily section -- 3. View of the banks of the Neva showing the river between the Admiralty and the buildings of the Academy of Sciences -- 4. View of the banks of the Neva downriver between the Winter Palace and the buildings of the Academy of Sciences -- 5. View of the Neva towards the West between the Church of St. Isaac and the buildings of the Cadet Corps -- 6. View of the Fontancka River towards the south between the grotto and the court's storehouses -- 7. View of the Admiralty and its surroundings looking west from the triumphal arch -- 8. View of a part of the town of St. Petersburg looking east from the triumphal arch -- 9. View of the Bourse and the commodities market while ascending from the little Neva -- 10. View of the buildings of the Imperial Colleges and a part of the commodities market toward the east -- 11. View of the New Palace from the triumphal arch of Anitschki toward the east with a part of the town and Nevsky Prospect close to the shore of the Fontanka -- 12. View of the Summer Palace from the north shore -- 13. View of the Old Winter Palace and the canal that joins the Moika and the Neva -- 14. View of Kamennoy Island on the little Newka near the St. Petersburg residence of the Countess Bestoucheff Rumin -- 15. Map of Moscow from 1739.
- - Includes index.
- 1 atlas (, 6 p.,  plates) : 2 maps, 13 views (some folded) 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G2114.L4 A3 1753
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g7064lm gct00144 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g7064lm.gct00144
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.