Maps Section of the northern course of the canal from the tide in the Elk River at Frenchtown to the forked [oak] in Mr. Rudulph's swamp : [Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, Maryland portion] /
Latrobe, Benjamin Henry
Chesapeake and Delaware Canal
Chesapeake and Delaware Canal (Del. and Md.)
- Section of the northern course of the canal from the tide in the Elk River at Frenchtown to the forked [oak] in Mr. Rudulph's swamp : [Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, Maryland portion] /
- Contributor Names
- Latrobe, Benjamin Henry, 1764-1820.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Chesapeake and Delaware Canal (Del. and Md.)
- - Chesapeake and Delaware Canal (Del. and Md.)--Planning
- - United States--Maryland--Chesapeake and Delaware Canal
- - Relief shown by shading, hachures, and spot heights.
- - Shows elevation of water levels at points along the canal route.
- - Also shows "Practicable southern course".
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Pen-and-ink, lead pencil, and watercolors.
- - Sheet imperfect: torn at left and right sides, brittle, missing small sections in margins.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes, elevation cross-section at top, and scale diagram.
- 1 map : ms., col., cloth backing ; 61 x 92 cm., folded to 67 x 50 cm.
- Call Number
- G3832.C48 1803 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3832c ct000587 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3832c.ct000587
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division