Maps A new and accurate chart of the harbour of Boston in New England in North America /
- A new and accurate chart of the harbour of Boston in New England in North America /
- Contributor Names
- Lodge, John, -1796.
- Created / Published
- London : J. Bew, 1782.
- Subject Headings
- - Boston Harbor (Mass.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Boston Harbor Islands (Mass.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Boston Metropolitan Area (Mass.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston Harbor
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston Harbor Islands
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston Metropolitan Area
- - Also shows islands, rocks, channels, shoals, and towns and roads along coast.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - In upper right margin: Political Mag., Nov. 1782.
- - Phillips. Maps of America.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 959
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backing.
- 1 map ; 23 x 17 cm.
- Call Number
- G3762.B65 1782 .L6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3762b ar095900 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3762b.ar095900
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.