Maps The geographic face of the nation--land cover : land cover of the conterminous United States, 1992 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Geological Survey (U.S.)
United States. Environmental Protection Agency
Remote Sensing Maps
- The geographic face of the nation--land cover : land cover of the conterminous United States, 1992 /
- Other Title
- Land cover of the conterminous United States, 1992
- Contributor Names
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- United States. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Created / Published
- [Reston, Va.] : The Survey, 
- Subject Headings
- - Phytogeography--United States--Remote-sensing maps
- - Land use--United States--Remote-sensing maps
- - Land cover
- - United States
- - "The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), in cooperation with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has produced a land cover dataset for the conterminous United States from 1992 Landsat Thematic Mapper imagery and supplemental data. The seamless National Land Cover Dataset (NLCD) contains 21 categories of land cover information suitable for a variety of state and regional applications, including landscape analysis, land management, and development of nutrient and pesticide runoff models."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 56 x 86 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.D2 2001 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701d ct000848 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701d.ct000848
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division