Maps An accurate plan of the country between New York and Philadelphia : with the dispositions of the forces.
New York Region
New York (State)
New York Region
New York Region (N.Y.)
Philadelphia Region (Pa.)
- An accurate plan of the country between New York and Philadelphia : with the dispositions of the forces.
- Other Title
- Bataille sur la route de New-York à Philadelphie en 1777 :
- Contributor Names
- Pyle, Stephen.
- Created / Published
- Snow Hill [London] : S. Pyle, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - New York Region (N.Y.)--History--Campaigns--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - Philadelphia Region (Pa.)--History--Campaigns--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - New Jersey--History--Campaigns--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - Roads--New York Region
- - Roads--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region
- - Roads--New Jersey
- - United States--New York (State)--New York Region
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia Region
- - United States--New Jersey
- - Shows positions of British (red) and American (blue) forces along the major highways between New York City and Philadelphia.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - At foot of title: Extracted from the Gazette of Tuesday, Feb'y 25th 1777.
- - "Published as the Act directs March 3d 1777 by S. Pyle, Angel Court, Snow Hill--price 6d."
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Includes distance table.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy halved along central fold line.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 17 x 30 cm., folded to 25 x 16 cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.N4S3 1777 .P9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804n ar304000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804n.ar304000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.