Geographical conversation cards : [states of the United States] /
Melish, John Græme.
- Geographical conversation cards : [states of the United States] /
- Contributor Names
- Melish, John Græme.
- Created Published
- New York : A.T. Goodrich, 1824
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - Playing cards--United States
- - Geographical recreations--United States
- - United States.
- - Each playing card has a map of 1 state or territory of the U.S.
- - Title from printed label affixed to box.
- - Pack complete in 30 playing cards.
- - Incomplete: 28 playing cards and 24 question-and-answer cards as of May 2002. DLC
- - Imperfect: North West Territory card has SW quarter torn away, verso of some cards annotated in lead pencil, box torn and missing small sections, box rubber-stamped: John N. Macomb from his Aunt. DLC
- - Each playing card is accompanied by a corresponding question-and-answer card.
- - Pack accompanied by text: A dialogue on the geography of the United States : comprised in a pack of geographical conversation cards. iv p. ; 9 cm.
- - Each playing card includes small rectangle containing statistical data.
- - No. 1. [sic] Maine -- No. II. New Hampshire -- No. III. Vermont -- No. IV. Massachusetts -- No. V. Rhode Id. -- No. VI. Connecticut -- No. VII. New York -- No. VIII. New Jersey -- No. IX. Pennsylvania -- No. X. Delaware -- No. XI. Maryland -- No. XII. District of Columbia -- No. XIII. Virginia -- No. XIV. North Carolina -- No. XV. S. Carolina -- No. XVI. Georgia -- No. XVII. Ohio -- No. XIX. Illinois -- No. XX. Kentucky -- No. XXI. Tennesee [sic] -- No. XXII. Missouri -- No. XXIII. Louisiana -- No. XXV. Alabama -- No. XXVI. Michigan Ter'y -- [No. XXVII.] North West Ter'y -- No. XXVIII. Arkansas Ter'y -- No. XXIX. Missouri Ter. -- No. XXX. Florida Ter'y.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Playing Cards : Hand Col. ; Each 9 X 7 Cm., in Box 10 X 7 X 2 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.A9 svar .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701a ct003065 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701a.ct003065
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.