Maps Die Chinesische Küste : der Provinz Kuang-tung, zu beiden Seiten des Meridians von Macao.
Berghaus, Heinrich Karl Wilhelm
Pearl River Estuary
Special Administrative Region
Macau (China : Special Administrative Region)
Macau (Special Administrative Region)
Pearl River Estuary
Pearl River Estuary (China)
- Die Chinesische Küste : der Provinz Kuang-tung, zu beiden Seiten des Meridians von Macao.
- Other Title
- Provinz Kuang-tung, zu beiden Seiten des Meridians von Macao
- A striking, rare and attractive large-scale early 19th century chart of the mouth of the Pearl River focusing on the region around present-day Macao and Hong Kong. The top left of the engraving is filled with a detailed plan of Macao surrounded by smaller engravings of Tiger Island, the Bocca Tigris, Lantao and a profile of Macao, and the famous view of Luis de Camoens' Grotto at Macao with detailed annotations and description below. A detailed inset lower center shown Harlem & Bias Bays to the North of Mirs Bay. Hong Kong is well detailed and named with Ty-tam Bai also indentified. Lantau and Lamma are also well detailed. The lower and right hand areas are filled with well-detailed profile views of the Islands, coastlines, and shores of the Pearl River area.
- Contributor Names
- Berghaus, Heinrich Karl Wilhelm, 1797-1884.
- Created / Published
- Gotha : Justus Perthes, 1834.
- Subject Headings
- - Pearl River Estuary (China)--Maps
- - Macau (China : Special Administrative Region)--Maps
- - Nautical charts--China--Pearl River Estuary
- - Nautical charts--China--Macau (Special Administrative Region)
- - China--Pearl River Estuary
- - China--Macau (Special Administrative Region)
- - Depth shown by soundings and hachures.
- - "Berghaus' Atlas von Asia, no. 16"
- - Originally appeared in: Atlas von Asia.
- - Includes a lengthy annotations on the Chart's sources and on the topography of Macao, Canton and the Pearl River area.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 78 x 88 cm.
- Call Number
- G7822.P4 1834 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.