Maps [Da Ming yu di tu].
- [Da Ming yu di tu].
- Other Title
- Atlas of the Ming Empire
- Created / Published
- [Between 1547 and 1559]
- Subject Headings
- - China
- - Title supplied.
- - Copy imperfect: acquired copy has holes on some pages. DLC
- - Includes text.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; Warner purchase; 1929, no. 10.
- - Shows 18 maps, includes 13 provinces, 2 zhili, and general maps during (嘉靖年間) Jianjing period. Taiwan is not shown, and Macau is not marked in this atlas.
- - Covers Bei Zhili, Nan Zhili, Shandong, Liaodong, Shanxi, Henan, Shanxi, Gansu, Zhejiang, Jiangxi, Huguang, Sichuan, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Yunnan, and Guizhou. Taiwan is not shown, and Macau is not marked.
- - "與地总图" uses Chinese grid system, each square represents 500 miles.
- - "康熙按七年 （1668） 五月初上納，南陽县监” -- on back.
- 1 ms. atlas ( leaves of plates) : ill., maps ; 75 x 84 cm.
- Call Number
- G2305 .D3 1559
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g7820m gct00125 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g7820m.gct00125
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.