Maps Survey of Culpeper and a part of Madison counties, Virginia /
Dwight, C. S.
Culpeper County (Va.)
Madison County (Va.)
- Survey of Culpeper and a part of Madison counties, Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Dwight, C. S.
- Subject Headings
- - Culpeper County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Madison County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Culpeper County--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Madison County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Culpeper County
- - United States--Virginia--Madison County
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of many residents.
- - Drawn on a 3/4-inch grid.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H27
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1241
- - Pen-and-ink on pencil grid on tracing linen, mounted on cloth.
- - In holograph beneath title and scale: "Approved April 8th, 1863, Albert H. Campbell, Capt. P. Engrs. & Chief. Top. Dep. D.N.Va."
- - In upper left corner, "No. 8" in pen, crossed through in pencil. Reversed beneath in pencil "234", with the 4 written over a 3.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : col. ms., cloth ; 80 x 81 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.C8 1863 .C2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citing Primary Souces on the Teachers Page.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.