Maps [Mapa del Golfo y costa de la Nueva España : desde el Río de Panuco hasta el cabo de Santa Elena ...].
Santa Cruz, Alonso De
Early Works to 1800
Indians of North America
- [Mapa del Golfo y costa de la Nueva España : desde el Río de Panuco hasta el cabo de Santa Elena ...].
- Contributor Names
- Santa Cruz, Alonso de, 1505-1567.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Indians of North America--Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Rivers--Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - United States--Southern States
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows the coast from the vicinity of the Cape Fear River in North Carolina of the United States, location of Indian settlements, and lakes and rivers in the region to the Pánuco River in Mexico; the interior is as far north as the latitude of the Tennessee River.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Photocopy. [Sevilla : Archivo General de Indias, 1977?] 1 map ; 18 x 23 cm.
- - Photograph of a ms. map without name, title or date. Original in Arch. de las Ind. Sevilla.
- - Title from P. Torres Lanzas' Relación descriptiva de los mapas, planos &c. de México y Floridas ... 1900, no. 1.
- - Includes annotations in black ink and pencil.
- 1 map : photocopy, paper backing ; 21 x 27 cm.
- Call Number
- G3860 1572 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3860 ct001033 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3860.ct001033
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase
Discovery and Exploration
Geography and Map Division