Maps A map of the British and French settlements in North America /
- A map of the British and French settlements in North America /
- Created / Published
- [London : s.n., 1755]
- Subject Headings
- - North America
- - Great Britain--Colonies--America
- - France--Colonies--America
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows boundaries, rivers, forests, principal settlements and notes.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Pt. the first. Containing Canada, Nova scotia, Newfoundland, New England, part of New York, with the Lakes, Six Nations, and all the countries westward in the same parallels so far as discover'd; exhibiting the just boundaries, and the French encroachments: laid down from authentic surveys -- Pt. the second. Containing part of New York, Pensilvania, New Jersey, Mary Land, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and all the countries westward in the same parellels so far as discovered, shewing the course of the Rivers Ohio, Missisipi &c. exhibiting the just boundaries & the French encroachments laid down from authentic surveys.
- - Phillips. Maps of America, p. 574
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy annotated in pencil: From Miscellaneous correspondence ... By Benjamin Martin, 1755-1756. London, 1759. vol. 1. p. 71; Ibid, vol. 1. p. 88 DLC
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : cloth backing ; each 19 x 49 cm., sheet 43 x 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1755 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ct000693 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ct000693
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.