Maps Map of the old portion of the city surrounding the plaza, showing the old plaza church, public square, the first gas plant and adode buildings, Los Angeles city, March 12th, 1873 /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Ruxton, A. G.
Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Map of the old portion of the city surrounding the plaza, showing the old plaza church, public square, the first gas plant and adode buildings, Los Angeles city, March 12th, 1873 /
- Contributor Names
- Ruxton, A. G.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--California--Los Angeles--Maps
- - Land ownership--California--Los Angeles--Maps
- - Los Angeles (Calif.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--California--Los Angeles
- - Cadastral map.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Mounted on cardboard.
- - Map of a portion of Los Angeles City showing plots, large number of women landowners, and points of interest with dates.
- - Copy annotated in pencil.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Control no.: 2000-78
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 46 x 88 cm.
- Call Number
- G4364.L8G46 1873 .R8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4364l ct001794 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4364l.ct001794
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.