Maps [Map of the complete island of Cuba].
Discovery and Exploration
- [Map of the complete island of Cuba].
- Other Title
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Cuba
- - Cuba--Discovery and exploration
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows coastal features, settlements on Cuba, and islands.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons by comparison with his other Dutch maps in Henry Harrisse collection.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the first volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of the West-Indies drawn by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - LC Luso-Hispanic world, 300
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., paper backing ; 50 x 85 cm.
- Call Number
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4920 lh000300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4920.lh000300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.