Maps Pascaert van Nieuw Nederlandt Virginia, ende Nieuw-Engelandt verthonendt alles wat van die landin by See, oft by land is ondect oft Bekent.
Middle Atlantic States
Atlantic Coast (North America)
Middle Atlantic States
- Pascaert van Nieuw Nederlandt Virginia, ende Nieuw-Engelandt verthonendt alles wat van die landin by See, oft by land is ondect oft Bekent.
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Atlantic coast (North America)
- - Coasts--New England
- - Coasts--Middle Atlantic States
- - Coasts--Virginia
- - North America--Atlantic coast
- - United States--New England
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows northeast coast of the United States from New England to Virginia including coastal features and other geographical entities.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons by comparison with his other Dutch maps in Henry Harrisse collection.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the second volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps Atlantic Coast and California drawn by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., paper backing ; 48 x 69 cm.
- Call Number
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ct001068 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ct001068
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.