Maps Noort Rivier in Niew Neerlandt.
Hudson River Region
Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)
Hudson River Region
Hudson River Region (N.Y. and N.J.)
New York (State)
- Noort Rivier in Niew Neerlandt.
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)
- - Hudson River Region (N.Y. and N.J.)
- - United States--New York (State)--Hudson River
- - United States--New York (State)--Hudson River Region
- - United States--New Jersey--Hudson River
- - United States--New Jersey--Hudson River Region
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows the Hudson River from Manhattan Island to Albany, natural features, and other geographical entities in the region.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons by comparison with his other Dutch maps in Henry Harrisse collection.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the third volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of New-Netherland and Manhattan drawn on the spot by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Part of upper margin of map torn.
- 1 ms. map : col., paper backing ; 47 x 69 cm.
- Call Number
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802h ct001070 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802h.ct001070
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.