Maps Universalis cosmographia secundum Ptholomaei traditionem et Americi Vespucii alioru[m]que lustrationes.
- Universalis cosmographia secundum Ptholomaei traditionem et Americi Vespucii alioru[m]que lustrationes.
- Other Title
- Universalis cosmographia secundum Ptholomaei traditionem et Americi Vespucii aliorū que lustrationes
- Contributor Names
- Waldseemüller, Martin, 1470-1519.
- Created / Published
- [St. Dié, France? : s.n., 1507]
- Subject Headings
- - World maps
- - Earth
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - First document known to name America.
- - Red ink grid on 2 sheets. Text applied over blank areas on 2 sheets. Manuscript annotations in the margin of 1 sheet. DLC
- - All sheets bear a watermark of a triple pointed crown. DLC
- - Two stamps on verso of upper left hand sheet: Fürstl. Waldburg Wolfegg'sches Kupferstichkabinett -- Furstl. Waldbg. Wolf. Bibliothek. DLC
- - Exhibited: Rivers, edens, empires: Lewis & Clark and the revealing of America, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., July 24-Nov. 29, 2003. DLC
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text and ill.
- - Printed surrogate in vault available for reference. DLC
- - LC digital image is a composite map from the twelve separate sheets. DLC
- 1 map on 12 sheets ; 128 x 233 cm., sheets 46 x 63 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3200 1507 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3200 ct000725C http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3200.ct000725C
- g3200 ct000725 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3200.ct000725
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.