Maps Map of the post of Fort Brown, Brownsville, Texas /
Haupt, Lewis M.
Fort Brown (Brownsville)
Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.)
- Map of the post of Fort Brown, Brownsville, Texas /
- Contributor Names
- Haupt, Lewis M. (Lewis Muhlenberg), 1844-
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Brown (Brownsville, Tex.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Texas--Fort Brown (Brownsville)
- - "Tracing made February 1877. Present shore-lines in front of Brownsville and Fort Brown, location of proposed break-water, depths of water &c., are shown in red. Buildings as they are now located. (Feb. 1877)"
- - Oriented with north toward the left.
- - Pen-and-ink on tracing linen.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset and cross section.
- - Copy imperfect: Water stains.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 61 x 86 cm.
- Call Number
- G4034.B8:2F6 1877 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4034b ct000564 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4034b.ct000564
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.