Maps [Zehn Karten und Ansichten den Schlachtfelden des amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskreiges in den Staaten Pennsylvanien und New York] /
- [Zehn Karten und Ansichten den Schlachtfelden des amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskreiges in den Staaten Pennsylvanien und New York] /
- Contributor Names
- Will, Johann Martin, 1727-1806.
- Created / Published
- [Augsburg, Germany? : s.n., 1777?]
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - New York (State)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - Brandywine, Battle of, Pa., 1777
- - Germantown, Battle of, Philadelphia, Pa., 1777
- - Chestnut Hill, Battle of, Philadelphia, Pa., 1777
- - Philadelphia Region (Pa.)
- - Clinton's Hudson River Expedition, 1777
- - Burgoyne's Invasion, 1777
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Germantown (Philadelphia)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chestnut Hill (Philadelphia)
- - Relief shown by hachures on some maps and by landform drawings on some views.
- - Individual map/view titles in German; statements of attribution in Latin.
- - Statements of attribution differ: Ioh. Martin Will excudit Aug. Vind. -- Ioh. Martin Will. excud. Aug. Vind. -- Ioh. Mart. Will exc. Aug. Vind.
- - Title devised by cataloger.
- - Orientation differs.
- - Includes index to military points of interest. Some maps also include text and local-area inset.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 5 maps and 5 views ; 18 x 30 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3821.S3 svar .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3821sm gas00001 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3821sm.gas00001
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.