Maps Sketch showing the relative positions of Fort Henry and Fort Donelson : with the roads connecting the two places /
- Sketch showing the relative positions of Fort Henry and Fort Donelson : with the roads connecting the two places /
- Contributor Names
- Lambecker, Chas.
- McPherson, James Birdseye, 1828-1864.
- United States. War Department. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Henry (Tenn.)--Defenses--Maps
- - Fort Donelson (Tenn.)--Defenses--Maps
- - Fortification--Tennessee--Dover Region--Maps
- - Roads--Tennessee--Fort Henry Region--Maps
- - Roads--Tennessee--Fort Donelson Region--Maps
- - Roads--Tennessee--Dover Region--Maps
- - Fort Henry Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fort Donelson Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Dover Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Tennessee--Fort Henry
- - United States--Tennessee--Fort Donelson
- - United States--Tennessee--Dover Region
- - Shows the forts, roads, outwork fortifications in the vicinity of the forts, fortifications in the vicinity of the town of Dover, outlying buildings, and streams.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - At lower margin in handwriting: Engr. Dept. July 18/64. Recd. with Gen. Cullum's letter of the 16th inst. (C. 5621).
- - Pen-and-ink (black, blue, and red).
- - Mounted on paper backing under gauze covering.
- - In upper left corner: 148.D.¹.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 412
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 40 x 55 cm.
- Call Number
- G3964.F67S5 1862 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.