Maps [Map of Fort Sanders, Knoxville, Tennessee, showing the Confederate assault of Nov. 29, 1863].
Orth, John G.
Fort Sanders (Knoxville)
Fort Sanders (Knoxville, Tenn.)
Fort Sanders, Battle Of, Knoxville, Tenn.
- [Map of Fort Sanders, Knoxville, Tennessee, showing the Confederate assault of Nov. 29, 1863].
- Contributor Names
- Orth, John G.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fort Sanders (Knoxville, Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Knoxville (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Fort Sanders (Knoxville)
- - United States--Tennessee--Knoxville
- - Detailed city map showing streets, railroads, all buildings (major ones identified), larger land tracts with owners' names, and streams.
- - Title adapted from title in R.W. Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - On verso in lead pencil: Drawn by John G. Orth (Arcadia, Ohio). Went with Army 8/22/1862 for 3 yrs. Mustered out with Company 6/24/1865.
- - Pen-and-ink (black/red) and lead pencil.
- - Mounted under rice-paper covering, fold-lined.
- - Includes pictorial drawing of "Union" flag.
- - Ink handwritten index to points of interest and misc. lead-pencil notes on verso.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 426.4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; Gene M. Crawford; Mar. 31, 1964.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; on sheet 36 x 26 cm.
- Call Number
- G3964.K7:2F6S5 1863 .O7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.