Maps Winter quarters 1864 : [vicinity of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee] /
- Winter quarters 1864 : [vicinity of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee] /
- Contributor Names
- Blakeslee, G. H.
- Dolton, G. E. (George E.)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - Lookout Mountain Region (Appalachian Mountains)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Lookout Mountain Region (Appalachian Mountains)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - Chattanooga Region (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Lookout Mountain Region (Appalachian Mountains)
- - United States--Tennessee--Chattanooga Region
- - Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn
- - Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn
- - Sketch map showing Union troop positions, "Confederate Picket Post" on Lookout Mountain, roads, railroads, settlements, farms, and streams.
- - Relief shown by hachures, spot heights, and landform drawings.
- - Signed in ink handwriting at lower left: G.H. Blakeslee, 129th Ill. Inft.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - Pen-and-ink (brown/red/dark blue).
- - Mounted on paper backing.
- - Watermark: Franklin Mills.
- - Imperfect: Laminated, small stain areas.
- - Printed map pasted on verso on paper backing: Chattanooga, Tenn., Nov. 2, 1863 : photo-engraved copy of original, one fourth size / sketched on the spot by Geo. E. Dolton.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 428.4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 39 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G3962.L6S5 1864 .B5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.