Maps Greene Co., Virginia /
Confederate States of America. Army of Northern Virginia. Corps, 2Nd. Engineer Office
Greene County (Va.)
- Greene Co., Virginia /
- Contributor Names
- Confederate States of America. Army of Northern Virginia. Corps, 2nd. Engineer Office.
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Greene County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Greene County (Va.)--Maps, Physical
- - Landowners--Virginia--Greene County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Greene County
- - Shows roads, settlements, rural householders' names, and streams. Does not show military features.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "November 1863."
- - Believed to have been prepared by Jedediah Hotchkiss.
- - Pen-and-ink (black and red) and lead pencil.
- - Drawn on an approx. 1-cm. grid.
- - Rubber-stamped on recto: U.S. Geological Survey Library 1887--cancelled.
- - Annotated in lead pencil at edges: C-15; in lead pencil in upper right corner: (206); in black ink at lower right: M(227)5 G83c.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 558.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Transfer; U.S. Geological Survey; Sept. 23, 1964.
- 1 ms. map : col., mounted on cloth backing ; on sheet 31 x 22 cm. + 2 typewritten letters ( sheets ; 27 cm.)
- Call Number
- G3883.G8 1863 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.