Maps A new map of the world : with all the new discoveries by Capt. Cook and other navigators : ornamented with the Solar System, the eclipses of the sun, moon & planets &c. /
- A new map of the world : with all the new discoveries by Capt. Cook and other navigators : ornamented with the Solar System, the eclipses of the sun, moon & planets &c. /
- Contributor Names
- Kitchen, T. (Thomas), Junior.
- Created / Published
- London : I. Evans, 1799.
- Subject Headings
- - World maps
- - Magnetic declination
- - Earth
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Also shows lines of magnetic variation and marine wind-direction arrows.
- - "Published as the Act directs, Aug't 1st 1799, by I. Evans, No. 41 Long Lane, West Smithfield."
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets.
- - Imperfect: Use-worn, fold-lined, wrinkled/missing small sections at edges, taped on verso at edges.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Purchase; Richard B. Arkway Inc.; Apr. 2002.
- - Includes 12 circular diagrams of sun, moon, planets, and Solar System.
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2002-26
- 1 map : hand col. ; 2 hemispheres each 51 cm. in diam., on sheet 70 x 112 cm.
- Call Number
- G3200 1799 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3200 ct001219 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3200.ct001219
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.