Maps A compleat description of the province of Carolina in 3 parts : 1st, the improved part from the surveys of Maurice Mathews & Mr. John Love : 2ly, the west part by Capt. Tho. Nairn : 3ly, a chart of the coast from Virginia to Cape Florida /
- A compleat description of the province of Carolina in 3 parts : 1st, the improved part from the surveys of Maurice Mathews & Mr. John Love : 2ly, the west part by Capt. Tho. Nairn : 3ly, a chart of the coast from Virginia to Cape Florida /
- Other Title
- Complete description of the province of Carolina in 3 parts
- Improved part from the surveys of Maurice Mathews & Mr. John Love
- West part by Capt. Tho. Nairn
- Chart of the coast from Virginia to Cape Florida
- Contributor Names
- Crisp, Edw. (Edward)
- Nairne, Thomas, -1715.
- Harris, John, active 1680-1740.
- Mathews, Maurice.
- Love, John, active 1711.
- Created / Published
- [London] : Edw. Crisp, [1711?]
- Subject Headings
- - South Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Charleston (S.C.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Saint Augustine (Fla.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - South Atlantic States
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston
- - United States--Florida--Saint Augustine
- - Shows coastal area from North Carolina to Florida.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depth shown by soundings.
- - Prime meridian: Charles Town.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes indexed inset of "A plan of the town & harbour of Charles Town," and inset "The town and harbour of St Augustin," and col. ill.
- - Copy imperfect: Discoloration along folds.
- 3 maps on 1 sheet : hand col. ; 50 x 56 cm. or smaller, sheet 82 x 99 cm.
- Call Number
- G3870 1711 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3870 ct001123 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3870.ct001123
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.