Maps A chart of the Gulf Stream /
Articles and Essays with this item:
North Atlantic Ocean
Early Works to 1800
North Atlantic Ocean
- A chart of the Gulf Stream /
- Contributor Names
- Poupard, James.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia, Pa. : American Philosophical Society, 1786?]
- Subject Headings
- - Gulf Stream--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Atlantic Ocean--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - North Atlantic Ocean--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Gulf Stream--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--North Atlantic Ocean--Early works to 1800
- - Gulf Stream
- - Atlantic Ocean
- - North Atlantic Ocean
- - Appears in the Transactions of the American Philosophical Society, 1786.
- - Includes inset of North Atlantic and text in left margin "Remarks upon the navigation from Newfoundland to New-York, in order to avoid the Gulph Stream on one hand, and on the other the shoals that lie to the southward of Nantucket and of St. George's Banks," by B. Franklin.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - Upper right margin: plate 5. Lower margin: facing page 315.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Mended triangular loss in upper margin.
- 1 map ; 21 x 26 cm., on sheet 29 x 46 cm.
- Call Number
- G9112.G8P5 1786 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g9112g ct000136 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g9112g.ct000136
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.