Maps Mapa de los Estados Unidos de Méjico : segun lo organizado y definido por las varias actas del congreso de dicha républica y construido por las mejores autoridades.
- Mapa de los Estados Unidos de Méjico : segun lo organizado y definido por las varias actas del congreso de dicha républica y construido por las mejores autoridades.
- Contributor Names
- Disturnell, John, 1801-1877.
- Created / Published
- New York : J. Disturnell, 1847.
- Subject Headings
- - Mexico--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - Mexico--Historical geography--Maps
- - United States--Historical geography--Maps
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Maps
- - Mexico
- - United States
- - Covers the United States southwest of Georgia and Iowa, and south of Oregon Territory.
- - Notes within map describe historical events, including those of the Mexican War.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Notes in Spanish and English.
- - Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- - Insets: Carta de los caminos &c. desde Vera Cruz y Alvarado a Méjico. [Scale 1:1,267,200] -- Map showing the battlegrounds of the 8th and the 9th, May 1846 / by J.H. Eaton 3d. Iny. -- Plan of Monterey and its environs -- Chart of the Bay of Vera Cruz / drawn by order of V. Admiral Baudin -- Tampico and its environs.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes distance and statistical tables, profiles of the route between Mexico and Vera Cruz and the route between Mexico and Acapulco, and ill.
- - LC copy annotated in pencil: 12th ed.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth in 2 sections. Losses and discoloration along fold lines and edges.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 75 x 104 cm.
- Call Number
- G4410 1847 .D5
- G4410 1847 .D5 Copy 2 Annotated in pencil: 12th ed. Mounted on cloth in 2 sections, with losses along fold lines and edges.
- G4410 1847 .D5 Copy 3 Annotated in pencil: 12th ed. Mounted on cloth, with losses and discoloration along fold lines and edges. Repair on lower right edge.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4410 ct000127 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4410.ct000127
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.