Maps [South central Virginia showing lines of transportation].
United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau
- [South central Virginia showing lines of transportation].
- Contributor Names
- United States. War Department. Engineer Bureau.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Transportation--Virginia--Maps
- - Virginia--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Traced from: Portions of Virginia and North Carolina, embracing Richmond & Lynchburg, Va. and Goldsboro & Salisbury, N.C., 1864.
- - Pen-and-ink on tracing linen, annotations in pencil.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 501.4
- - Call no. cited in LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.): G3881.P1 1864 .S6 Vault.
- - Imperfect: spotting throughout.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 40 x 43 cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.P1 1864 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.