Maps A map or chart of the Mosquito Shore : with the islands, keys, rocks and shoals, adjacent to (or between) it and Iamaica /
Early Works to 1800
Mosquitia (Nicaragua and Honduras)
- A map or chart of the Mosquito Shore : with the islands, keys, rocks and shoals, adjacent to (or between) it and Iamaica /
- Contributor Names
- Lambi, David, active 1780-1797.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mosquitia (Nicaragua and Honduras)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Nicaragua--Mosquitia
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - "The delineater haven had many oppertunitys since the above period, to the yar 1781 to corect and adjust his own observat[ion]s bi compareing with those of many of the kings ships and having corected the work accordingly, it is presumed this cart is as corect as can be made."
- - In upper right margin: 24.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor, sectioned and mounted on cloth.
- - Includes text and insets of Lake Nicaragua, San Juan harbor, and the coast from San Juan harbor to Boca del Toro.
- - Imperfect: Smudges across lower half and mended tear in center.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 104 x 91 cm.
- Call Number
- G4852.M6 1781 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4852m ma001017 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4852m.ma001017
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.