Maps Map of Central America including the states of Guatemala, Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua & Costa Rica, the territories of Belise & Mosquito, with parts of Mexico, Yucatan & New Granada : shewing the proposed routes between the Atlantic & Pacific Oceans by way of Tehuantepeque, Nicaragua & Panama /
- Map of Central America including the states of Guatemala, Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua & Costa Rica, the territories of Belise & Mosquito, with parts of Mexico, Yucatan & New Granada : shewing the proposed routes between the Atlantic & Pacific Oceans by way of Tehuantepeque, Nicaragua & Panama /
- Other Title
- Baily's map of Central America
- baily's map of central america
- Contributor Names
- Baily, John, active 1811-1850.
- Created / Published
- London : Trelawney Saunders, 1850.
- Subject Headings
- - Central America
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Cover title: Baily's map of Central America.
- - "With additions from the latest surveys of the Admiralty, S. Moro, Col. Lloyd, Garella & cc."
- - Includes four "vertical sections of the proposed canals between Lake Nicaragua & the Pacific Ocean" and notes.
- - Caribbean reefs delineated and named.
- - Accompanied by book: Baily, John. Central America. London: Trelawney Saunders, 1850.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col., dissected and mounted on linen ; 63 x 94 cm., folded in cover 24 x 13 cm.
- Call Number
- G4800 1850 .B3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4800 ma001000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4800.ma001000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.