Maps Nova et exacta delineatio Americae partis avstralis. qve est : Brasilia, Caribana, Gviana regnũm noũũm, Castilia del Oro, Nicaragva, insũlae Antillas et Perv. Et sub Tropico Capricorni, Chile, Rio della Plata, Patagonṽ, & Fretṽ Magellanicv̄.
- Nova et exacta delineatio Americae partis avstralis. qve est : Brasilia, Caribana, Gviana regnũm noũũm, Castilia del Oro, Nicaragva, insũlae Antillas et Perv. Et sub Tropico Capricorni, Chile, Rio della Plata, Patagonṽ, & Fretṽ Magellanicv̄.
- Contributor Names
- Hulsius, Levinus, -1606.
- Created / Published
- Noribergae : per Leũinũm Hũlsiũm, a. 1602.
- Subject Headings
- - South America
- - Caribbean Sea
- - Title appears on upper sheet of the map; no indication of title or imprint on lower sheet.
- - The map was engraved for the second edition of the fourth part of Hulsius' collection of voyages, which consists of 26 parts. In this second edition of the map, three islands have been inserted below the bottom border of the lower map, with the name "Francisi Draco Ins." Several new names were added to this edition of the map, along with the west coast of South America, as well as the plate mark "No. 2" in the lower left corner of the lower map. -- Drake coll.
- - Kraus, H.P. Sir Francis Drake, 52
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Gift of Hans P. and Hanni Kraus. DLC
- 1 map on two sheets ; 46 x 32 cm. on 2 fold. sheets (27 x 33 cm. and 23 x 32 cm.)
- Call Number
- G5200 1602 .H8
- Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g5200 rb000009 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5200.rb000009
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.