Maps A plan of Fort St. Louis, St. Joseph, St. Jago & of St. Philip scituated at ye entrance of Cartagena Harbour or Boca-Chica with ye parts adjacent and also of the attacks made against the said forts /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Early Works to 1800
- A plan of Fort St. Louis, St. Joseph, St. Jago & of St. Philip scituated at ye entrance of Cartagena Harbour or Boca-Chica with ye parts adjacent and also of the attacks made against the said forts /
- Contributor Names
- Thomas, John, engineer, the Elder.
- Subject Headings
- - Cartagena (Colombia)--History--Siege, 1741--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Fortification--Colombia--Cartagena--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Colombia--Cartagena
- - In lower margin: To his grace Iohn Duke of Montagu, this plan is most humbly dedicated by his graces, most dutifull & most obedient servant, Iohn Thomas.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolors.
- - Includes index, panoramic view, relief profile, and ill.
- - Insets: A plan of Fort St. Joseph -- A plan of Fort St. Philip -- A plan of Fort St. Jago -- Our battery consisting of twenty 24 pounders and 38 royalls with the intrenchments adjacent thereto.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic world, 277
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 47 x 69 cm.
- Call Number
- G5294.C3S5 1741 .T5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5294c ct000277 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5294c.ct000277
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.