Maps A map of the United States exhibiting post roads & distances : the first sheet comprehending the nine northern states, with parts of Virginia and the territory north of Ohio /
- A map of the United States exhibiting post roads & distances : the first sheet comprehending the nine northern states, with parts of Virginia and the territory north of Ohio /
- Other Title
- Map of the United States exhibiting post-roads, the situations, connections & distances of the post-offices, stage roads, counties, ports of entry and delivery for foreign vessels, and the principal rivers
- map of the united states exhibiting post-roads, the situations, connections & distances of the post-offices, stage roads, counties, ports of entry and delivery for foreign vessels, and the principal rivers
- Contributor Names
- Bradley, Abraham, 1767-1838.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia?] : Abraham Bradley Junr., [1796?]
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - Post roads--United States
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- - Handwritten on slip of paper affixed to map verso: "No. 154, title page of Map of United States deposited by Abm. Bradley junr. as author, Sept. 26th 1796."
- - "W. Barker, sculp. Philad."
- - Sheets joined to form 1 map.
- - LC Trails, 30
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes mail transportation chart and text.
- - Fold-lined, some brown coloration along folds. Some annotations in pencil. DLC
- - Copy imperfect: Sheet sectioned vertically in half. DLC
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; 88 x 94 cm., sheets 42 x 48 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3700 1796 .B72
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ct001192 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct001192
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division